Fraunhofer IKTS develops and tests technologies for non‐destructive testing, structural health monitoring and the monitoring with microelectronic techniques. These test methods are suitable to increase the quality and reliability of the products of our industry partners. In acoustic condition monitoring, Fraunhofer IKTS has a wide range of applications and accents the monitoring of complex large‐scale structures, such as rotor blades, pipes and storage tanks.
In partnership with the University of Rostock and industrial enterprises the IKTS develops technologies for testing and monitoring of structures of wind turbines and marine technology. The main focus is currently the condition monitoring of rotor blades and gear boxes as well as the evaluation of foundation structures for offshore installations. Current projects are aimed at the monitoring of welded and grouted joints.
Commercially available products and services are:
- Supervision of dynamic fatigue tests of rotor blades for the conceptual design of new prototypes or evaluation of new product batches
- System for rotor blade monitoring
- 3D laserscan to measure the geometrical parameters of wind turbines, for example blade angle measurement
- Portable ultrasonic scanner for charakterization of rotor blades
- System for corrosion monitoring (abrasion) on pipelines, i.e. for sections with limited access or special system components